I’m a Baby and Kids Holistic Nutritionist + a Picky Eating Coach, but my most important role, is that of a mommy to my two toddlers (both boys).
I work with parents who have babies & kids with feeding challenges using the SOS Approach to Feeding.
I was also a child picky eater … and not only do I get YOU as a mom, but I also know what your little munchkin is feeling and thinking.
Combined with my studies as a holistic nutritionist, my training in feeding therapy, and my real life experience, I have a very unique approach to feeding your little ones.
You see, growing up I was a very picky eater. If it didn’t look right, smell right, feel right it just was not going into my mouth. I later learned I was a supertaster, which basically means I have more tastebuds and taste everything (especially bitter) more intensely.
Mehhhh, what a crappy superpower :/. It took me a long time to accept it and work with it. When I was ready to start a family, I finally had the motivation I need to make changes.
I decided to enroll in the Natural Nutrition program at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. CHANGED. MY. LIFE. In 2018, I completed my training to use the Sequential-Oral-Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding with Dr. Key Toomey and use her well researched and research back system to feed my littles ones at home and with my clients.
I’m also a mommy to a 1 year old and a 3 year old. I’m obsessed with researching the best information on how to feed them. And you bet, that I’m going to pass along all that I learn and research to you.
Here are 11 Fun Facts about me
1. I grew up hating food … except chocolate. I’m a supertaster, so I taste everything way more intensely then I would like. so it can be difficult for me to enjoy certain foods. But I always loved chocolate …. Ok fine, I still love chocolate!
2. The hardest thing I ever did in my life was getting through the first few months as a new mommy. Boy, it was tough. It was also the most rewarding experience I ever had.
3. After 10 years of smoking, I finally quit. This was a huge accomplishment for me! I knew before having kids it was something I wanted to tackle. It’s been 8 years and going strong, yay!
4. I inspire investments … My high school business teacher used to tell the class he will buy Mars Bar Company stocks because I practically lived off them throughout highschool. I gave you fair warning that once upon a time, my eating habit were less than stellar.
5. The more I cook, the more I enjoy it. I love winging-it. I think I’m developing an addiction to the anticipation of taking that first bite to see if the dish turned out.
6. I’m a recovering exclamation mark user. I probably still use too many exclamation marks, but what can I say, I’m actually really excited about stuff.
7. Happiness does not just happen … you make it happen. It’s a constant reminder that creating a healthy [read imperfect yet balanced] lifestyle is about focusing your attention on the small things that make you feel happy in your body, mind and spirit.
8. I speak 3 languages. English, French and Romanian.
9. I’m a planner addict. I love goal setting, planning, and organizing every area of my life.
10. I think books are sacred. No, really, I do. I feel the author poured so much of their mind and soul into the words they wrote, that it’s precious. My books look pristine. I don’t break the binding, fold corners to mark the page or write in them.
11. I read PubMed for fun. Gasp! I do. I’m kinda of obsessed with getting to the bottom of things and finding out the “WHY”. I’d love to get to know you too. I know feeding our littles can be hard, frustrating and emotionally draining. If you want to learn more about how holistic nutrition and/or feeding therapy can help your child, I’d love to chat with you.
Book your free 60 minute strategy session with me.