Hi Lovely. So glad you found your way here.
I’m Ana, a Holistic Nutritionist based in Toronto, Canada.
I’m a supertaster (it’s not as “super” as it sounds), a picky eater and a recovering chocolaholic. I have two young boys I call My Little Tank and Sweetie Pie.
I focus on infant and children nutrition and sprinkle in some hormone balancing help for mommies.
Throughout high school and my twenties my eating habits were nothing short of disastrous. I thought my body could handle it because I had no apparent health troubles. But little by little, I became addicted to sugar, had acne pretty much until I was almost 30, PMS, extreme bouts of fatigue, insomnia, migraines, and weight gain to are a few.
I’ve always known that I had poor eating habits, but I also had no idea how to cook. As the time came for me to start having a family, I knew this was going to be a problem.
I remember my grandmother making me natural remedies when I was sick and cooking the most flavourful soups. She would make everything from scratch and the kitchen always smelled delicious. I knew I wanted to be able to cook like that one day.
I became so overwhelmed and tired of scouring the internet getting conflicting advice form people quoting the same studies … I had no idea what to believe. Learning about nourishing my body for my pregnancy because a bit of a favourite hobby, so I decided to enrol at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and become a holistic nutritionist.
BEST DECISION EVER!
Here are 11 Fun Facts about me
1. I grew up hating food … except chocolate. I’m a supertaster, so I taste everything way more intensely then I would like. so it can be difficult for me to enjoy certain foods. But I always loved chocolate …. Ok fine, I still love chocolate!
2. The hardest thing I ever did in my life was getting through the first few months as a new mommy. Boy, it was tough. It was also the most rewarding experience I ever had. Now that I have two, I’m so lucky that My Little Tank is
3. After 10 years of smoking, I finally quit. This was a huge accomplishment for me! I knew before having kids it was something I wanted to tackle. It’s been 6 years and going strong, yay!
4. I inspire investments … My high school business teacher used to tell the class he will invest in the Mars Bar Company stocks because I bought that many Mars bars.
5. The more I cook, the more I enjoy it. I love winging-it. I think I’m developing an addiction to the anticipation of taking that first bite to see if the dish turned out.
6. I’m a recovering exclamation mark user. I probably still use too many exclamation marks, but what can I say, I’m actually really excited about stuff.
7. Happiness does not just happen … you make it happen. It’s a constant reminder that creating a healthy [read imperfect yet balanced] lifestyle is about focusing your attention on the small things that make you feel happy in your body, mind and spirit.
8. I speak 3 languages. English, French and Romanian.
9. I’m a planner addict. I love goal setting, planning, and organizing every area of my life.
10. I think books are sacred. No, really, I do. I feel the author poured so much of their mind and soul into the words they wrote, that it’s precious. My books look pristine. I don’t break the binding, fold corners to mark the page or write in them.
11. I love creating pretty things online. I love making workbooks, cheatsheets, checklists, tracking sheets, pretty tags, cute labels for my kitchen, you name it.
If you need help with feeing your little ones, or you are in need of some TLC for yourself book your free totally no obligation, strategy session with me. I would love to chat and get to know you!